Walking Tour Culture Shock Västerås
A walking tour in the city of Västerås. Learn about Västerås, Swedes and Sweden.
The image of Sweden around the world is positive and many associate Sweden with the welfare state, Ingmar Bergman, ABBA, the Nobel Prize and large companies such as Volvo and Ikea.
Perhaps you have heard that all Swedes are blonde and that we sing "Helan går" at strange festivities such as the Crayfish party and Midsummer. But we Swedes are so much more!
On this walk, we'll show you some of Västerå's highlights while sharing our history and interesting cultural differences. Maybe you will come across some of them during your stay.
Of course, you also get tips on activities you can't afford to miss as well as the occasional restaurant tip along with tips and advice.
- You visit Kyrkbacken, one of Västerås' oldest neighborhoods
- You see Rudbeckianska skolan, Sweden's first high school
- You will admire Västerås Cathedral, the oldest parts of which date back to the 13th century.
- You enter the courtyard of Västerås Castle
- You learn about Västerås City Hall and the former medieval Dominican monastery located at this place.
- The city tour ends with a mug of Swedish brewed coffee and homemade fikabröd.
This is included
- 90-minute guided outdoor walking tour of the city.
- Swedish fika
Stairs, uneven ground, a bicycle can be led.
Minimum 2 people.
Good to know
- Kind of experience: Semesterupplevelse
- Age limit : None