Salmon fly fishing in the wild north Swedish river
An awesome fly fishing adventure where nature and salmon set the conditions!
Salmon fly fishing at its best, challenging, varied and at times difficult, but can be hugely rewarding!
In late spring, the rivers are filled with meltwater from the mountains. At the same time the early, often large salmon from the Baltic Sea rise in the Swedish river systems. So also here in the wild salmon river Lögde, an undeveloped forest river in north Sweden where we now offer you to participate in a guided fishing adventure with a focus on sustainability, quality and experience.
Our package includes a genuinely wonderful accommodation at Kvarnforsens Lodge with walking distance to the river which offers great nature experiences and wildlife: That is together with fishing with like-minded salmon fishing enthusiasts who create new friendships and experiences between the participants.
The fishing itself is salmon fly fishing at its best, challenging, varied and at times difficult, but at the same time it can be enormously rewarding. To fight a silvery fresh arrived salmon that uses all its powers and element to it ́s advantage to get loose cannot be described but must be experienced! Then having the chance to experience this over a few days does not make the experience worse exactly.
The group consists of a maximum of 7 fishing guests who are assisted by two guides from Anglerman fishing adventures. We divide you into 2-3 smaller groups, transport you to and from different fishing spots, help you read pools for fishing, how to fish them, fly selection and techniques to maximize your chances of a tug in the line.
The evenings are bright so fishing can be done at most hours of the day. We spend time at our accommodation with common time for dinners where we collect everyone’s different experiences for the day. The complete river is according to Swedsih standard open public land and the fishing is conducted with general fishing licenses. We therefore do not offer a private fishing stretch but actively search for places along the river where we can fish on our own as much as possible. However, other fishermen can share a pool and our guests are expected to act in an inclusive and friendly way towards all other actors along the river and based on the fishing custom ”one cast one step” principle.
Marginalize your footprints!
We see our guests as genuinely interested fly fishermen with an understanding of how our nature is affected by our presence. Therefore, it is important for us that we have a reverence for nature and leave it in at least as good a condition as we came to it. Simple measures are to always bring rubbish we produce back from nature, respect the right of public access, laws and landowners to maintain a clean and attractive nature for all of us to live in. We protect future salmon stocks and therefore apply gentle catch & release in such to a large extent in cases where it is appropriate and possible, even if local fishing rules allow a withdrawal. We do this to contribute to the development of the river for future generations without giving up what we love to do, fly fishing and with 100% focus on the experience in a sustainable way. Transfer The day of arrival takes place either by own car directly to the Lodge on your own. Or can buy for transfer from Umeå airport to Lodge about 50km trip. We start after check-in with a joint dinner with a review of the river, fishing, rules and not least get to know each other.
Welcome to your next salmon fly fishing adventure!
In the common kitchen in the Lodge, we place breakfast ingredients for each day to take from, as well as a packed lunch per participant to take with them on the day’s adventures. Dinners will be served adjacent to the Lodge inside the dining room and outside (down by the river) depending on the weather.
- Arrival between 14.00-16.00 with check-in in your rooms in the Lodge.
- Joint dinner at 17.00 with info by and about the organizer, review of the Lodge, the river, fishing, and not least get to know each other.
- Opportunity for own fishing in the evening for those who want within walking distance from the Lodge.
Day 2 to Day 5 Rotary fishing
- Breakfast when it suits you until 09.30.
- At 10.00 gathering with departure for fishing by arrangement in small groups where you follow the guides and fish in suitable pools for the day., Some fish around the Lodge in home pools.
- Gathering at the Lodge at 16.00 for a joint early dinner and ”camp talk” about your experiences.
- About 18.00 Rotational fishing evening session where we take new groups out to different pools while others fish throughout the evening around the lodge.
- Check-out no later than 11:00 from the rooms
- 10.30 Joint summation meeting with coffee at the Lodge and farewell
Price: 16.995 SEK / person
Included in the price:
- Accommodation, part in a double room 5 nights including bed linen and final cleaning.
- Fishing license 6 days
- Dinners 5 days
- Breakfast self-service 5 days
- Packed lunch 4 days
- Guiding and transfer every day according to program. Lodge shop are stocked with both drinks, simple meals, snacks, fishing equipment, consumables, etc.
Not included in the price:
- Transfer to and from the experience.
- Food and drink outside the program.
Possible to buy to:
- Rental equipment, waders, shoes, rods, etc.
- Transfer to / from Umeå Airport
Good to know
- Kind of experience: Semesterupplevelse Presentupplevelse
- Age limit : 18 years
- Name: Anglerman Fishing Adventures
- Address: Dalgatan 1 79630 Älvdalen